Eat a protein-rich diet, cut out carbs, and exercise regularly- the most common advice you must have received for building those 6-pack abs. With the right balance of nutrition and exercise, those six-packs are not far away. Be regular with the following exercises, and you will achieve your six-pack abs soon.
- Dead bug- Start by lying down on the floor facing the ceiling and keep your arms straight above your shoulders. Then, bring your knees directly above the hips and bend them at a 90-degree angle. Then, straighten your right leg towards the floor and lower the left arm above your head. Pause and return to the starting position. Then, repeat the same on the opposite side and do 14 reps alternatively.
- Hardstyle Plank- Lie down facing the floor and come up into the forearm plank position. Squeeze your body, especially the core, as much as possible. Your hands should be balled up in the fists, and elbows should remain underneath the shoulders. Keep the forearms parallel to each other. Hold for 10-20 seconds.
- Hollow extension-to-cannonball- Get in a curled-up position with your arms wired around your knees, pressing them tight against your chest-like a cannonball. Then, extend your legs and arms outwards, lowering your back straight towards the floor. Hold the position for four to five seconds and then get back into the cannonball. Repeat 5 reps in one set.
- Dumbbell side-bend- You must remember to choose the weight of the dumbbell as per your capacity. We recommend using a medium-weighted one. Start with standing up straight with your feet hip-width apart. Then, hold the dumbbell in your right hand, palm facing the torso. Keeping your back straight, tighten your core, and bend sideways- do not go beyond the waist. Hold the posture for around two seconds and return to the starting position. Perform 10 to 12 reps in each set, with both hands.
- Barbell back squat- This exercise is different from the traditional squats as it focuses more on the core and uses lesser weights. You have to stand with your feet shoulder-width, center the barbell evenly on your shoulders and lift it over. Then, lower down into a chair position, bending your knees as much as possible. Engage your glutes and send them back. Return to the starting position by pressing over your heels. Start with 12 reps per set.
- Bird dog- You have to come up in a tabletop position, with your back straight. You must ensure that your shoulders are over the wrists and hips over the knees. While engaging your core, you have to lift your left arm simultaneously with your left leg. Then, stretch them to your maximum, flexing your foot and your palm facing in towards the body. Pause for a second and bring your elbow and knees to touch beneath the body. Repeat on the other side for one rep. Start with five reps in one set.