Are Rowing Machines Useful?A rowing machine is great for a full-body workout. It is low-impact with a high cardiovascular workout with little to no technique required. As opposed to other exercise machines, a rowing machine is lighter in weight and easy to store and comparatively cheaper to buy. Moreover, they are a lot safer to use than other fitness equipment.
Photo Credit to Andres Ayrton
Can you Get in Shape Just by Rowing?People often start to see noticeable results within a few weeks of a consistent workout regime. However, drastic results can be seen after 90 days since rowing is a calorie-burning exercise. Rowing exercise quickly strengthens the body by using muscle groups in the upper and lower body parts. It is especially great for the shoulders, abs, arms and shoulders.
Photo Credit to Andres Ayrton
Does Rowing Burn Belly Fat?Rowing helps in burning belly fat when combined with a proper diet. You start to lose weight in the form of fat loss when the fats mobilize and are used as energy. Cutting down on calories and a high intake of nutrition will help you burn fats faster. Increasing the intake of more vegetables and switching to zero-calorie drinks gives quicker results. Several studies show that a good combination of cardio exercises and resistance training is ideal for losing fats, especially belly fat.
Are 20 Minutes of Rowing Enough?According to studies, the endorphins and neurochemicals released during a workout usually kick in at the 20-minute mark. Any workout that lasts for 20 minutes influences the entire body and you will feel good for hours to come. The same goes for rowing machine exercises. It is important to take it slow when starting the workout and gradually increase the time. Another thing to keep in mind is to rest in between exercises. This will ensure that you do not experience workout burnout. Moreover, a 30-minute rowing machine exercise will give you enough time for a warmup and cooldown. This period is highly engaging with a full-body workout.
Photo Credit to Tima Miroshnichenko
Where Can I Buy a Rowing Machine?Rowing machines are readily available and cost a lot cheaper than other exercise equipment. However, at Pacillo, you will find some great options of rowing machines that you can use at home or get one for your commercial gym.
- Rachel Grice, How Long Does it Take to See Results from Rowing? Live Strong. January 20, 2022. URL: https://www.livestrong.com/article/494227-how-fast-can-rowing-tone-your-body/
- Daniel Preiato, Rowing for Weight Loss: Calories Burned, Workout Plans and More. Healthline. June 24, 2020. URL: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/rowing-for-weight-loss#_noHeaderPrefixedContent
- Hydrow. How Long Should You Workout on a Rowing Machine? December 14, 2020. URL: https://hydrow.com/blog/how-long-should-you-workout-on-a-rowing-machine-2/#:~:text=Rowing%20workouts%20around%2020%20minutes%20in%20length&text=A%20workout%20around%2020%20minutes,for%20a%20HIIT%20workout!)
- Steve Hoyles, Is the Rowing Machine a Good Workout? Live Science. October 25, 2021. URL: https://www.livescience.com/is-rowing-machine-good-workout
- Sarah Kester & Nicole Davis, The Benefits of a Rowing Machine. Healthline. December 17, 2021. URL: https://www.healthline.com/health/benefits-of-rowing-machine