Resistance bands are flexible, affordable, and versatile gym equipment. You can adjust their intensity to fit your use. They are highly effective in helping you perform the right exercises with the correct form.
Following are a few exercises you can perform using resistance bands:
- Band bicep curl- Stand on the resistance band. Extend your arms and hold the ends using your hands. Your palms must be facing forward. Squeeze your biceps and take your hands towards your shoulders. Your elbows must be tight at the sides of your body. Then, lower your hands to get back to the starting position. Repeat it ten times.
- Bent-over row- Stand with your feet on the resistance band but hip-width apart. Hold the band by your sides, ensuring that your palms are facing in. Bend your knees slightly while keeping your arms straight and back flat. Pull the band to your chest by bending your elbows and keeping them close to your body. Get back to the starting position by straightening your arms and lowering your hands. Perform ten reps.
- Angle jumping jacks- The resistance band should be around your ankles. Get into a quarter-squat posture with hands close to the chest. Jump your feet in and out. Perform 20 reps.
- Banded walks- Wrap the band around your ankles and stand with your feet apart. Slightly bend your knees and tighten your glutes. Then, walk ten steps forward and ten steps back. Do twenty reps.
- Prone leg curl- Loop the resistance band around your ankle and anchor the end to support, like a door. Lie with your belly down. Move away from the anchor to create that force. Bend your knees and bring the heel near the glutes. Return to the starting position and repeat. Do ten reps.
- Glute Bridge- Wrap the band around your legs, slightly above the knees. With your feet on the ground and knees bent at 90 degrees, lie on your back. Then, rise using your hips to line up your shoulders, knees, and hips while contracting glutes.
- Fire hydrants- Loop the band slightly above your knees. Get into the starting position with your knees under your hips and hands under your shoulders. Raise your right knee outwards to the side and then return to the starting position. It is one rep. Switch legs and repeat the exercise. Perform ten reps.
- Chest press- Stand straight with your feet wider than the hips and knees slightly bent. Engage your core and hold the ends of the band in your hands. Straighten out your arms at shoulder level towards the front. Bend the elbow back and repeat. Do ten reps.
- Standing lateral leg raise- The band should be around your ankles. Stand with feet hip-width apart and hands resting down on your hips. Pause and raise your left leg as high as you can. Switch to the other side and repeat. Perform 15 reps.
About the business
The exercises mentioned above are some of the best ones using a resistance band. Further, if you want to buy resistance bands or other fitness and gym equipment, Pacillo’s Fitness Gear is the right choice. We hold experience of over 40 years and offer top-name products at affordable prices. For more information about us, contact at 800-223-5526, connect through e-mail at email@example.com or fill the contact form.