Exercise balls are exciting equipment for workouts. However, not everyone possesses the right technique and knowledge in using them efficiently. These inflated balls can be put to use in a wide variety of ways during exercise, be it at your gym or home. An exercise ball strengthens your core, works your glutes, and builds stability.
Following are some ways to use an exercise ball:
Single leg hip bridge
It focuses on your glutes and abdominal muscles, increasing hip stability.
How to do it?
- Start by sitting on the ball in an upright position and roll down on your back. You must ensure that the back of your head and shoulders are properly aligned on the ball and that there is a straight line between your hips, knees, and shoulders. Keep your thighs parallel with the floor.
- Place your arms at the sides and let your fingertips touch the floor.
- Lay your feet flat on the floor and slowly lift up one leg and then back down again. Repeat with the other leg.
- Slowly perform the movement using your legs alternatively.
It is an excellent exercise to work your glutes and hamstrings.
How to do it
- Lie straight on the floor with your heels on top of the ball and arms flat on the floor.
- Raise your butt off the floor to get into a bridge position. Then, push the ball away using your feet. Place your arms flat on the floor for stability.
- Place the ball towards your butt and perform the movement continuously.
- To take a break in between, rest your butt back on the floor.
Swiss ball dead bug
It targets your abdominal muscles and strengthens your core.
How to do it:
- Lie on the ground on your back and keep the ball above your stomach.
- With your legs in the air, bend your knees at 90 degrees. Straighten your arms to hold the ball between the arms and knees.
- Your right arm must be just above the floor. Then, stretch your left leg, ensuring that it is not touching the floor. Bring your leg and arm to the exercise ball slowly.
- Repeat using your left arm and the right leg.
It targets the shoulder blades and upper back and helps to develop postural stability.
How to do it
- Grab the ball. Lie with your stomach on it and rest your head and chest downwards. Bend your knees but ensure that they do not touch the floor. Place your arms against your sides with palms facing the ground.
- Lift up your upper body and move your shoulders back while looking up straight.
- Return to the starting position.
About the business
You can use exercise balls in multiple ways to stay fit. If you also want to buy one or other fitness equipment, Pacillo’s Fitness Gear is the right place. We are very trusted by our clients and are known for our excellent reputation. For more information about us, contact us at 800-223-5526, connect through mail at [email protected] or fill the contact form.